Who the heck are we?
- An independent, family-owned bookstore opening Fall of 2019 on the corner of 52nd St and Bloomington Ave in South Minneapolis.
- A warm, welcoming space that encourages literacy and love for the written word throughout our diverse community of friends, neighbors, and fellow bookworms everywhere.
- Carriers of a thoughtfully curated selection of high-quality used and new titles, gift items, and other discretionary oddities.
Why the heck should you care?
- Bookstores promote literacy and provide engaging community events.
- Spend $100 at a local bookstore and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses like our's are dedicated to creating incentives and events that directly support neighborhood initiatives.
How the heck can you help?
- We want your input! Have some reads you rave about or books that bear consideration? Let us know! We are a community business, and welcome your two cents when it comes to stocking our shelves!
- We need your used books! Turn your books into store credit. On top of that, for every 9 books you trade in, we give you a free used book. Starting April 1st, we will be accepting books by appointment. Contact us for details.
- Give us a Kickstart! Stay tuned for our Kickstarter campaign (launching in April). Sign up for our mailing list to learn how you can directly support our venture.
- Spread the word! Do you know people in the neighborhood or schools near our store? Let them know what we’re doing! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram
- Read with your ears! Libro.fm Audiobooks is an extension of our bookstore that offers a vast selection of audiobooks to avid listeners. Receive 3 free audiobooks when switching from Audible.